Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you SYNC the L5991, it being a "slave"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyback

Hi,
We are using the L5991 PWM controller and want to SYNC it (its a slave).
Does SYNC'ing need a short pulse, or would a pulse as long as half of the switching period be OK?

Page 8 and 9 speak of it , but are not clear.
L5991 datasheet

Page 8 shows several examples. Usually there is a master and slave(s). I have sync(ed) PWM to other clocks to get all power switching to happen at the same time.

Thanks, page 8 says the SYNC pin is "edge triggered"...but page 9 suggests that the SYNC pin being taken high, takes down the gate drive output, for as long as the SYNC pulse is high.......these details contradict each other

I have not synced this part.
Another part, Sync=1=off time. If Sync=1 time is less than the Off Time, then the PWM operates like normal. But if Sync=1 for more than the "Off Time" then the sync pin extends the off time until Sync=0.
I do not know enough about this part.
My guess is that Sync edge resets the oscillator. and Sync=1 forces "off time".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back