Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you read your Electro Tech Online forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceadwian

Banned
How does the casual, or even the dedicated user read and answer posts? I personally so far have only come up with hit my subscribed threads link first (in quick links) and then filter through from top to botton the New Posts link. How does everyone else answer what they consider pertinant posts?

Any section that has a new "latest" thread that has an interesting title or is a thread I have previously been interested in causes me to click on the forum section, and I just scan through all the titles.

Just start at the top in Electronics Chat, the move down to Projects and then usually skip all the way down to ****-chat. I try to read most of what is posted in those three forums. I've found it a great way to learn little tidbits about things.

Once I get my inchworm (why does it take so long for mail to get from Canada to the US??:confused: ) and start learning to program pics, i'm sure more of the stuff in the Microcontroller forum will make sense and i'll read that one everyday too.

I start by clicking 'New Posts', mouse over new titles gives the first line (sometimes gives a hint about the content), read things of interest, sometimes get involved in topics that will upset people (cell phone jamers, final projects...).

Always check threads I started, but don't always add a reply.

I use the "new posts" button pretty much exclusively. As you know, it gathers all new threads since the last visit. There may be a half dozen, or there may be several pages, depending on how long it's been since I visited, but no matter what I still find it faster than individually scouring each important section of the forums, and I'm sure to not miss anything.

How do you read your Electro Tech Online forums?

I read them with my eyes.:rolleyes:

Andy1845c said:
Once I get my inchworm (why does it take so long for mail to get from Canada to the US??:confused: )

I take it back. It just came. :D

I read the ones with an interesting topic first, or a topic i have good knowledge off.
Then I read over the ones which may need some help for newbies, and as time allowes share my experience.
I spend a bit of time on other electrical, railway, weather, plants forums too so it depends how long i want to sit behind the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back