Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you photograph an LCD display?

Status
Not open for further replies.
pasanlaksiri said:
What type of idea is that.:eek:

If some one dont hv a Cam this will be a nice idea.

Actually, for something like an LCD screen which can lie right on the scanner bed, it's not that bad of an idea:

Pros:
o No barrel distortion.
o Consistent sizing.
o Guaranteed focus.
o Possibility of very high resolution images.

Cons:
o Exposure control depends on the software.
o Scanner lamp will probably blow the backlight away so you won't see it.
o You could scratch your scanner bed glass.
o You might need to be careful to keep room light *way* down while the image is being acquired.

Most scanners will of course work much better for flat objects and image quality will drop sharply for parts of the object farther from the scanner bed.

Anyway, it might work for some folks. I like the camera for most of the stuff I do, but the scanner idea isn't crazy. For instance, if you're writing a manual, it might be handy to have the consistency of the scanner over the flexibility of the camera.

Torben

Torben said:
Actually, for something like an LCD screen which can lie right on the scanner bed, it's not that bad of an idea:

Pros:
o No barrel distortion.
o Consistent sizing.
o Guaranteed focus.
o Possibility of very high resolution images.

Cons:
o Exposure control depends on the software.
o Scanner lamp will probably blow the backlight away so you won't see it.
o You could scratch your scanner bed glass.
o You might need to be careful to keep room light *way* down while the image is being acquired.

Most scanners will of course work much better for flat objects and image quality will drop sharply for parts of the object farther from the scanner bed.

Anyway, it might work for some folks. I like the camera for most of the stuff I do, but the scanner idea isn't crazy. For instance, if you're writing a manual, it might be handy to have the consistency of the scanner over the flexibility of the camera.

Torben

Hmmmm. not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back