Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you know whether you perform well at work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngIntoHW

Hi,

I'm not sure whether I do my job excellently.

I fill a part-time validation position as I'm a student, and I'm not sure about my performance.

Performing validation well requires to know all test softwares very well, which I don't, and I don't know everything.
I mean, there are things which I'm probably not even aware of them.

I tend to ask my team mates, and I try to write down everything.
But still, it seems that every now and then I still got setup problems which fail tests.

What do you think of the situation?
Ever been there?

Just do/try your very best at everything you do. 100% commitment. All or nothing.

You will reap the rewards later.

And then you will fly with Eagles. Have a great Christmas mate.

Cheers:):):)

Last edited:
If you don't get the Sack on the first day then you must be doin OK.......

Last edited:
tvtech
Thank you, it's a great advice!

Bryan,
New employees tend to get much more than a week before they are expected to be productive, don't you think?

If you dont make the occasional mistake while performing your duties as specified in your Job Description document, you are under utilised and should be moved up a grade.

I have seen employees who do a perfect job every day, of course its the same job they have done for the past twenty or so years.

Remember your job should be challenging, else you will become stuck in a rut and a rut can quickly become 6 foot deep...:rolleyes:

How do you know whether you perform well at work?

A good indicator is if I show up for work one day and discover my badge no longer works to gain entry and my belongings are in a box beside the entry gate. :)

OK, on a more serious note if I am not performing up to standards my department manager would tell me and that is beyond annual performance reviews. I know what is expected of my position and I also know what I expect of the company in return.

Ron

Umm... How about asking your direct supervisor? Don't walk up to them and ask 'how am I doing' It would be better to approach it from a different angle. Try starting the conversation with I feel like I'm struggling at 'insert task here' pick whatever you think you want to improve on the most, and say pointedly that you want to improve you skills to better do your job skills asking their thoughts and if they can recommend areas for improvement.

I'm with tvtech, do your best 100%, but if you don't know what you're doing your best is probably not going to be on par with your actual abilities, it's learning those skills that you need to be able to do your job properly that is the hard part, constant education is required, being able to talk to your peers and supervisors to get a feel for what you need to be improving on can be very different from workplace to workplace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back