Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do you know if a graphic card is damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

star23

I have a 9400gt nividia card that I used abt a year now, however i recently overclocked it while monitoring the temperature making sure it didn cross the limit. Now this was just an experiment to see if the card would perform better so it was only done once with no difference in performance. So I forget abt every trying that again and continued playing my games normally. Two after if working perfecting and the third day, its not even recognized in the mother board but the fan is still spinning so i guess its still getting power. How do I know for sure its dead and not a bios problem or something. Any help would be appreciated , thanks!

i would take it out of the mother board and look on the contacts for dirt. i would use a rubber of the end of a pencil. put it back in and try again. if it still doesnt work try it in a different computer otherwise it could be broken

I would not remove the card and do the pencil eraser bit--- very unlikely a connection problem. I also would not worry about BIOS at this time. If you are still able to see images on your monitor the card is likely working but not to its full potential.

Instead look at device manager for clues about the DISPLAY and see what the PROPERTIES part of it indicates. Look for WINDOWS HARDWARE to try and recognize the card. Look for possible nVidia drivers either corrupt or somehow lost and reinstall if necessary. Download and always use nVidia Monitor and Control Panel when trying to o/c a videocard. My 9800GTX os overclocked without any issues and still has room for further o/c'ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back