Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I use a timer with a PIC16F84A?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradle95

I have never programmed a pic before, and the only programming knowledge that I have is BASIC. I am trying to learn some assembly, but I have just begun.

I am trying to make a frequency sensor that will start a timer when a pin on the chip goes high, it will then wait until it goes high two more times and stop the timer. See my attachment for better clarification. From here some mathematics will give me my RPM. (At most this will be around 500RPM. I do not know how to program the timer. If someone could give me some help, I would really appreciate it.

Attachments

• Oscillation.jpg
    Oscillation.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 211
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back