Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I use a LCD screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

napalm

I have a dead laptop with a working screen, a couple phones with working screens, I know you can buy lcd screens online. So now what?

I was going to buy a second monitor for my desktop. I have a perfectly functional 15in laptop LCD screen. Can I make a case, rewire it to vga, and use this as my monitor?

I don't want to make a laptop screen to desktop monitor specific thread. It's something I've been curious about for a while. What can I do with these screens?

Can I rewire them to vga, component, composite, s-video, anything?

If I wanted to watch dvds in my car, could I mount a laptop screen and connect it to a 12v dvd player? What about connecting 3 screens and having them all display the same video stream?

The questions stands. How do I use a LCD screen? Any literature you would recommend reading to learn about LCDs?

Suppose I got a screen like this just for testing purposes. What do I do with it and how do I do it?

napalm said:
I have a dead laptop with a working screen, a couple phones with working screens, I know you can buy lcd screens online. So now what?

I was going to buy a second monitor for my desktop. I have a perfectly functional 15in laptop LCD screen. Can I make a case, rewire it to vga, and use this as my monitor?

I don't want to make a laptop screen to desktop monitor specific thread. It's something I've been curious about for a while. What can I do with these screens?

Can I rewire them to vga, component, composite, s-video, anything?

No you can't, the screens are essentially 'stupid', you need a LOT of electronics to amke them useable.

If I wanted to watch dvds in my car, could I mount a laptop screen and connect it to a 12v dvd player? What about connecting 3 screens and having them all display the same video stream?

The questions stands. How do I use a LCD screen? Any literature you would recommend reading to learn about LCDs?

Don't bother with laptop screens, if you want a monitor then buy one, if you want a TV, then buy one of those.

Suppose I got a screen like this just for testing purposes. What do I do with it and how do I do it?

That's a text LCD module, those are VERY simple to use - as suggested, my tutorials show how - but it's of no use for what you asked for earlier!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back