Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do i test the ultrasonic transducer

Status
Not open for further replies.

barde

hi everyone,
i am a beginner doing a project on ultrasonic obstacle detection. so i built a circuit but it didnt work so i decided to troubleshoot the circuit. the problem is i dont know if the ultrasonic transmitter is transmitting the ultrasonic wave or if ultrasonic receiver is receiving the ultrasonic wave.

how do i find this out? do i use the oscilloscope. i will be very grateful if someone can help me.

forgive me if the answers to my questions are too obvious.

First, get a data sheet from the company that makes the transmitter. Look up the voltages/amplitudes/signals it requires for the transmitter to operate. Use an oscilloscope to see if all of the required signals are correct.

Do the same for the receiver.

Can you post the schematic? If it's just some random thing you found on the 'net, there's a chance that it is just a poor design and won't work no matter what you test. If that's the case it might just be a quick fix, though.

Without knowing either a) the schematic or b) as Mike noted, the specs of the transducers, it's really hard for anyone to help debug it.

Regards,

Torben

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back