Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I separate these 2 types of connector socket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amir2

iMarkup_20220407_112035.jpg

I am not an electronic technician but have to separate this main board to send to someone else and now i have these challenges

Is number 1 disconnectable socket or I have to desolder it?
Can I separate number 2 connector by hand or needs special tool?
Any advise would be greatly appreciated
Best regards,
Amir

Check by gentle pulling which end of those ribbon cables are detachable. Usually only one end is; the other end stays attached to its board and is part of it.

before you start pulling things apart, what's wrong with the receiver?

this looks like a Pioneer receiver. connector 1, put your index finger behind the cable and pull straight out with your thumb gripping the center of the cable. connector 2, which is a vertical PCB that mates with the main pcb, use a screwdriver very carefully to walk the vertical board away from the main board a little at a time, alternating ends of the connector. do not try tp pry the connector itself, they can be brittle. also the fulcrum you push against should be the main board, which is fiberglass and stronger, and the tip of the screwdriver pushing against the vertical board (which is made of "crackerboard", and breaks easily if you're not careful).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back