Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I run 4 lights to pulsate (turn on/off) at the same time??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ComleteNOOB

Hi. how can i make 4 small lights (3volts each (well they each run off 2 lithium aa's)) run at the same time off a 12VDC lead battery, but in on/off fashion?
I just assume use a 12v battery as 4x3volts=12.

So they turn on then off. Every second they turn on. Is there a way to make 1 switch that varies the frequency of the on/off? As id really like to be able to vary it from a quick 0.5secs to slow 2secs.

Any advice? Maybe give list of what parts i need?

Would running the 4 lights off a 12v battery be ok? Wouldn't the voltage be too high for the first bulb? any other or better way to do it?

srry for my complete lack of knowledge ty.

Last edited:
Get familiar with the 555 universal timer chip. It will work well from 12V, and switch your 4 lamps. You can independently (more or less) choose the ON time and OFF time by selecting resistor values. You can make the resistors adjustable (pot or rehostat).

Option 1 requires 3V and lots of current. Option 2 requires 12V and one-fourth of the current. Option 2 has the disadvantage that if one bulb burns out, all go off.

**broken link removed**

Last edited:
Redundant post; deleted

Last edited:
would a 12(ah) lead battery be enough current for op2?
Do you know what current it takes to light one lamp? Or do you know the Wattage rating of the lamps? Divide the rated AH capacity of the SLA by the current (in Amps) to determine how long it will run the lamps.

Did you mean op1?

Look at my post again, I labeled which was opt 1 and 2.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back