Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I repair my monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Citizen

My **broken link removed** stopped working. It blinks white (and then black) when plugged in, regardless of which type of which input plug I use. I know the monitor is the problem because my other monitor, which is the same make & model, works perfectly fine with the same inputs (knock on wood).

I took it apart and did not find any bulging capacitors.

Looking at **broken link removed**, which should I replace and where can I get it?

It sounds like it might be a backlight issue. Usually the most common part to fail is the inverter transformer. Could we see a picture of the top side of the boards?

I had a TV once with a bad inverter transformer. It was a part that cost $6 and after removing the old one and replacing it with a new one, it worked like a charm. Might be worth pursuing if you, or someone you know, is experienced with desoldering/soldering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back