Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do I properly add an LED power indicator to my lag switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oleh

I made a lag switch with a Push button toggle switch. Now my only problem is I don't know if it's on or off when it's Idle. I wanted to add an led with separate battery indicator, but can't figure out how to do so simply. I was thinking at first to hook up the battery, switch, and LED in a simple series circuit, but I was thinking the power from the battery might effect my internet connection is some way seeing how the wire from the Ethernet cable would be on the same circuit as the led and bat. Any solution (I need it so both the LED circuit, and Ethernet cable are cut off, or turned on using the same switch) ?

What is a "lag switch"?

It's a switch that cuts off your outgoing signal via an Ethernet cable, making it seem like your Internet connection is lagging to other people. It has many uses in online gaming.

Hi Oleh,

You can simply use a DPDT Push button toggle switch, use one side for the Ethernet cable and the other side for your LED+resistor+battery.

Mike

Thanks, that's a good solution, but couldn't find any dpdt push buton toggle switches. Hell, I could barly find any dpdt push button momentary switches, and the two or three that I did find, are way to small for what I need (Like 1/2 - 1/3 the size I need), and/or the button is just too low to the base to be easly operatble with my foot. Doesn't look like there's another simple solution though...

If you can not find another switch then add a DPDT relay and drive the relay with your switch.
In which part of the world are you in?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back