Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I modify the final current equation so that...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PG1995

Hi

Please have a look on the attachment. My main question is at the end. How do I modify the final current equation so that it adjusts for the discharging up to only 27V? Please help me. Thank you.

The answer given is: 4.5 + 5/6 e^(-t/0.15) mA

Regards
PG

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpg
    IMG_0001.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 265
Last edited:
Hi,

The answer for the voltage comes out to 5*e^(-t/(1500*100e-6))+27 because the 27 subtracts from 32 and the 27 is the final voltage.

However, it's probably better to do this circuit using the capacitors initial voltage as a third voltage source in the circuit, which after t=0 there will be two voltage sources. With the added new voltage source in series with the capacitor the voltage would be 32v and then the initial cap voltage would be 0. You then handle this simply as a two source circuit (after t=0) and dont have to worry about using any special techniques. The analysis is more straightforward like this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back