Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I melt 2 tbs of bacon fat with a battery powered heating element?

Status
Not open for further replies.

psychoholica

Here's a silly post, but important for a little project I am working on.

Id like to have a heating element of some sort that is battery powered, say a 9volt in size, that can melt 2 tablespoons of bacon fat like the kind you'd find in granny's kitchen.

The bacon fat will need to be edible afterwards so it has to be a sanitary solution.

invision the grease in a small pyrex bowl with the element stuck in it, flip a switch and in a couple minutes you have melted grease.

Any ideas? Ideally I'd like a rechargeable solution.

To answer the question on the battery size, I need to know two things (that I dont know now).
1. What is the Specific Heat of bacon fat?
2. What is the melting point temperature of bacon fat?

You are not supposed to eat bacon fat. It is supposed to melt then flow away when bacon is cooked.
When people eat fat then they get fat and have heart attacks from the fat (cholesterol) clogging the narrow arteries that feed the heart or strokes when the arteries in the brain are blocked.
Fat people also get diabetes that might kill them if the heart attack or stroke doesn't kill them first.

I ate too much junk food then had a heart attack but I am not fat. Luckily I got to the hospital quickly and they fixed my blocked heart arteries and now I am fine. They taught me all about nutrition and how to avoid eating fat.

No one will be eating the bacon fat. lol I just summed up that it needed to be a reasonably clean solution.

Mike, those are two good questions which im not exactly sure of. I would guess bacon melts 110-120 degrees I would guess. Im estimating room temperature at 70 or so, not exacty sure the specific heat.

Last edited:
have you ever seen those 2 aa powered cigerette lighters? all it had was a switch and a small piece of heating element wire in it (i can't remember the name of the wire)
Maybe an idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back