Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do i make a transmitter to activate the neighboors dogs shock collar

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpoopdog

I live on a rural subdivided property all 2 acre blocks, with fences that dont really do that much more that outline your property.

Across the road the neighboors have a great dane, it has a shock collar, and they have a wire running all along their fence line, however, the dog simply runs out the gate to circumvent being shocked. Frankly i couldnt care less what that dog does or where it goes, however lately its been trying to eat my lorikeet and tear open its cage, either for the bird or for its bird food. also it is always trying to get into my house whenever a door is opened and she pushes really hard, usually i just kick her in the face, but i dont like doing it infront of the neighboors, they do it (the owners) when she tries to force herself that way, but im sure they wouldnt appreciate me doing it.

So instead, i just wanna build a transmitter to trigger her shock collar whenever she walks in on my property. As i said, fences dont do much, she could just walt through the gate even if it were shut.

This is mostly though to protect my bird, he likes being outside, but that dog is huge and i dont want to have to constantly watch him while hes outside.

Her shock collar is quite painful, a while back when she first got it, she went psycho when it began to shock her, and does so even now though she knows why.

How do i go about making a transmitter to activate the collar when shes around my house?
if possible ide like to make one that stops her comming here period, she literally ate a chihuaha and some kittens once and generally can become violent when the other dogs group up. My dog is getting a bit old and might not be able to outrun the others if they randomly snapped like they did before, though its only that stupid giant dog there that actually went on the attack.

ideally ide like to make it so strong that it protects my entire property but ill settle with just protecting the perimeter of my house, or at the very least, right up near my bird cage.

ANy anyone know how these things work and how i can simulate it?

Can't you just talk to your neighbors about the problem instead of stalking the dog and giving it shocks. If the dog is dangerous to others it should not be running free.

putting the shock collar on that dog was their idea of solving the problem. Its not neccesarily dangerous to people, just small dogs when in a pack of other agressive dogs. The dog that starts it is too small to hope to do any harm, and the great dane just follows along its too stupid to know any better, which is why it wasnt put down or muzzled or anything, the small agressive dog onthe other hand is now an indoor dog, i really am doubtful itle attack my dog anyway, i just want it away from my bird and house, short of keeping it permanently chained up in a 2 ACRE BLOCK theres nothing i could get them to do. i mean seriously who ties up a dog anywhere at all, thats just cruel and unaustralian. Nobody here chains up their dogs. aside fro mthat one little one that is too small to actually attack anything euqal to or greater thanitself, all the dogs are nice and normal.
And i wouldnt be stalking that dog comes here constantly.
SO, any idea how i go about doing this?

i mean seriously who ties up a dog anywhere at all, thats just cruel and unaustralian.

Giving it shocks and kicking it in the face is the "uncruel" australian way? No wonder it is aggressive.

The "buried-wire-loop" dog collar system puts a 10 to 50kHz ac current onto the loop. The "receiver" in the dog collar is just a ferrite core with a resonating capacitor and diode detector. You will need to borrow their "transmitter" and bring it home or take a portable scope out to detect the frequency of their loop. Once you know the exact frequency, a simple oscillator connected to wire loop (either small or around your entire property) would trigger the collar.

Here is a typical system

Giving it shocks and kicking it in the face is the "uncruel" australian way? No wonder it is aggressive.
It isnt agressive i just said that. Its a great big stupid clutz, ironic given its one of the largest breeds of dog, for it to also be so dumb.

The "buried-wire-loop" dog collar system puts a 10 to 50kHz ac current onto the loop. The "receiver" in the dog collar is just a ferrite core with a resonating capacitor and diode detector. You will need to borrow their "transmitter" and bring it home or take a portable scope out to detect the frequency of their loop. Once you know the exact frequency, a simple oscillator connected to wire loop (either small or around your entire property) would trigger the collar.

Here is a typical system

Thankyou, if its just AC, i think ill be able to simulate something next time the dog comes around. ill make one, attach it to a wire running around my house and kind of scroll through the frequencies until its triggered, if it doesnt already say it on the thing.

Also, i forgot to mention my dad hates that dog because it basically just comes to our driveway to poop.

Why don't you install the same type of dog wire for your yard. You don't need a collar. Just the wire and transmitter. The system will keep a dog in or a dog out. I build a wire loop for a field that is 7x your size. I only buried the wire at the road. The rest of the way I stapled the wire to the fence at 'dog height'. It works better if the wire is 2 feet off the ground.

Could they run the wire across their driveway to include the gate?
Burry it, glue it down or in a seam between concrete slabs?

Hi,

If the current system does not bother the dog anyway then buy a collar of your own that looks like the old one and swap it for the one that's on the dog's neck now. That way you'll have control.

If not that, then do what everybody else does: buy a lion and sit it outside in the path of the dog :)

haha, then the real owner thinks their collar is broken, wicked :D sorry if this was inappropriate....

I put one of these at a house with a concrete driveway. I used a concrete saw to cut a groove into the expansion joint. I placed the loop wire in the slot, and used a concrete mastic to hold the wire in the slot. Worked fine and lasted for years.

The wire goes across the drive wave now. It must because the wire must be in a complete loop with no breaks. It transmits current like a transformer. (primary=1 turn, secondary=100 turns) It is not like a radio transmitter. The voltage on the wire loop does not effect the receiver.

Last edited:
Across the road the neighboors have a great dane, it has a shock collar, and they have a wire running all along their fence line, however, the dog simply runs out the gate to circumvent being shocked.
???

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back