Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do i make 120v xmas lites work on 220v?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thaikarl

strings of LED xmas lights are finally cheap this year - 5.00$ for a 50 lite string. they will be even cheaper for after xmas closeout sales. i'd like to take some home to thailand -where such things are $15.00 a string- and use them around our house there. but of course, thailand is 220v. i've been looking around online for how i can modify or adjust these things to work, but i dont' now enough electronics to even understand the methods, and no place addresses exactly this problem.

i know i could use a 220 to 110 transformer, but they get very warm, i'd have to buy a transformer for every place in the house i wanted lights, the transformers are expensive themselves, and that seems like such a brute-force method. LED's are 2v devices (more or less) and they got them to work on 110v, so how do i adjsust things to easlily handle 220v straight in?

help???? thans!

Hi,

just connect two 110V strings in series to make one 220V string. You won't need a transformer for that.

Boncuk

P.S. Welcome to Thailand. I'm living in Phetchabun (province Phetchabun)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back