Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I install LED charging indicators to turn on when something in connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shah456

Alright guys I am building a multiple port charger for my Xbox 360 Headsets. What I was looking to do was have an LED at each port that will turn one color when the headset is plugged in and another color when it is fully charged. I cannot figure out how to go about this.

I am building this in a small project enclosure with a DC 5V power source. I may also add a USB port for power as well. I will be using a perf board and some terminal strips to wire everything up. Let me know if you have any questions.

My second question is the headsets currently stop charging when it is fully charged over the USB cable. Will this carry through with my DIY charger?

yes that is exactly it. Also the LED doesn't have to change colors when done charging. I could deal with a red LED turn on when the headset is connected to the charger and the LED turn off when it is done charging.

Last edited:
What kind of batteries? Most battery chemistry does not have a reliable ΔV which indicates "end of charge"

i have no idea what kind of batteries are in the headset. The headset currently stop charging when it is fully charged so I would assume it would do the same with my charger. I do not know if that is true though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back