Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I in latex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

large_ghostman

Most Helpful Member
How do i do an equation like the following in LaTeX?
equation.JPG

We have a LaTeX editor here at ETO.
latex.png

upload_2016-2-21_16-30-26.png

upload_2016-2-21_16-31-18.png

Matt, where are the instructions?

The old system had them at the left side.

I googled "LaTeX editor instructions" and was somewhat overwhelmed... :banghead:.

Matt, where are the instructions?

The old system had them at the left side.

I googled "LaTeX editor instructions" and was somewhat overwhelmed... :banghead:.

I don't think instructions are necessary in our editor. There are categories on the left side. For example, if you want a fraction, expand "Math" and it's right there. It might take a little while to get used to what functions are under which categories, but once you find it simply "click" and put your values within the curly brackets '{}'.

\hat{Looks good}
\overbrace{over\underbrace{under}_{under}}^{over}

18aeff98fe844dbfeb12f7eed3376454-2.png

\uparrow\downarrow\updownarrow\Uparrow\Updownarrow\rightleftharpoons\longmapsto\hookleftarrow\Longleftrightarrow\stackrel{\leftrightarrow}{note\pm}\mp\times\ast\div\cdot\circ\bullet\otimes\oplus\o

Now where is the enter key from Latex editor window??
0caf8f71dc1e904927b6c0b35e19a673-2.png

Well, you're right. First time I clicked the latex button I got a blank screen.

This time I got what looks like the old editor (cat's on the left). Weird.

<EDIT>

\sqrt{4}=2

OK, Why ain't it workin'?

Last edited:
Well, you're right. First time I clicked the latex button I got a blank screen.

This time I got what looks like the old editor (cat's on the left). Weird.

<EDIT>

\sqrt{4}=2

OK, Why ain't it workin'?

You need to right-click the output and copy the image address. Then you just post it like you would any image from the net using the Image button.

so unlike other sites where you can edit the LATEX results, these are saved as an image. But at least this site supports direct copy paste of images.

so unlike other sites where you can edit the LATEX results, these are saved as an image. But at least this site supports direct copy paste of images.

Correct. I find it somewhat annoying as well, and I hope it's updated sometime (LaTeX tags added, for example). I do know the owners of ETO are on various other projects at the moment though, and that's a relatively low priority.

That's odd, I just wrote [latex]-2^{2}=4[/latex] and it appeared as shown. I dind't paste any image, to my knowledge, in doing that.

John

[latex](-2)^{2}=4[/latex]

HEY! You're right! I didn't know latex tags already worked!

That's great news!

That's odd, I just wrote [latex]-2^{2}=4[/latex] and it appeared as shown. I dind't paste any image, to my knowledge, in doing that.

John
[latex]-2^{2}=4
[/latex]
[latex]-2^{2}=4[/latex]

now it shows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back