Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I design and implement SNMP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

naseeam

Our PC Application is connected to Embedded Gateway Controller over USB. Gateway controller is connected to several embedded controllers over CAN bus and Modbus RTU.

I have no SNMP knowledge and experience. Requirements are that multidrop embedded controllers
will generate trap(s).

I need to design and implement SNMP fulfilling the requirements. How should I go about doing
that?

Assuming I have average intelligence, how long will it take me to complete this project.

SNMP needs to be implemented in Gateway Controller using C++ language. I have Seven months of
C++ experience.

How do I educate myself to reach my goal.

Thank you!

Google "snmp agent embedded". Should be a lot of hits
for existing source code. You'll also need to understand
how snmp management software and agents interact.

Checkout snmplink.org.

Please allow me to correct the question as follows:

First of all I apologize for incorrectly asking the question. Let's me try to improve the question.
The PC application or data center is connected to Gateway board over Ethernet. The PC application is client or manager.
Gateway controller is agent or server. Gateway will get events from embedded controller over Modbus RTU and CAN and some
of these events will be defined as traps. Gateway controller will generate trap message.

The SNMP communication is between PC and Gateway controller.

OUr gateway controller or target board is ARM7 based. We used Keil tools. Keil RTX OS, Keil middleware libraries, TCP and USB.

Please let me know what commercial libraries will substantially reduce my development time.

No, embedded controllers are not SNMP agents. They are out of picture as far as SNMP is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back