Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I connect an audio cable from sound card to external circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

integralx2

I want to capture a signal on my computer. I have a sound card & I have the 2 channel audio cable. How do I connect the two wires into my circuit ? I have the jack plugged into sound card, and then two wires. How are those connected in the circuit I am asking ?

You have given not information about the circuit you want to plug the sound card into so there is no answer until you do so.

Two wires doesn't make sense. There should be three conductors in the cable that is terminated in the 1/8" stereo plug that goes to LINE IN: one connected to the Tip, one to Ring and the third should connect to the Sleeve of the plug.

Normally, you connect one channel of a stereo signal (line level, about 0.1 to 1Vp-p) to Tip, the other channel to Ring, and use the Sleeve as the common ground connection.

its rough i did it wit mobile

Attachments

• Draw.jpg
    Draw.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back