Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I build a simple parallel (tank circuit)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeto

I have a phone line that has some hum on it. The hum originates in the phone companies lines. They do not intend on replacing the phone lines in my area any time soon as they say the hum level is under the guidelines set by the government.

To make the best of a bad situation my idea is to try and attenuate the hum by inserting a “simple parallel (tank circuit)/notch filter” in the line going to my phone. The hum seems to be in the 60cycle/60hz range.

The only experience I have with electronics is building guitar effects stomp boxes. I have no idea as to what value components to use or even if this has a chance to work. Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for any help,
yeto

Have you simply tried changing the phone as some are more effected by noise than others.

Perhaps adding adsl filter to the phone line might reduce the noise.

Yes, I have tried multiple phones hoping that the built in filtering circuit would help. I also tried an adsl filter out of desperation. So far, nothing has helped.

Thank you for your reply,
yeto

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back