Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how do ac-dc phone chargers work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maor

i mean i don't get it did they use transformers because i won't see them fitting a trnsformer in to something so small is there a difrent way they make it can you explain maybe even show me an example in a scymatic
ftr(for the record) this is not for a school project or something i just wanted to know...

They're usually switch mode power supplies so the transformers are smaller.

The transformer is small because they use a high frequency oscillator instead of the low frequency 50Hz or 60Hz from the mains.

The charging circuit is inside the phone. You are talking about just a power supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back