Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can USA Companies compete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quixotron

take a look at this!

This is rediculous! Veteran UAW employees make about 28 USD per hour on average! I still make way more than that, but with added benefits, healthcare costs and pensions, they earn a staggering 78 USD per hour! Try multiplying this by several ten thousand! Ain't no way, manual labor is worth that much! not even contractors working in iraq get paid that much!

Gm plans to offer them a buy out, in hopes of eliminating their current workforce and replacing it with much cheaper laborers at 13-16 USD per hour, 25 USD per hour is set as a cap limit. still too much!

No wonder, companies are going over seas. Taxes are way too high, employees costs an arm and a leg and damn government regulations prohibit them from doing anything!

It would be a miracle if GM turned profits in their fourth quarte earnings statements. And...thats including the 1.6 billion dollar tax incentives, not just sales!

If this continues, I see a very gloom future for the US economy. Probably then the only secure job one would have would be involved in the government/military sector, if that!

*ridiculous. Pet peeve of mine since it seems so many spell it rediculous. I'm not sure why though.

In economic terms it is only one side of story. High wages and a high standard of living for workers turn them into consumers. Dpress wages and income in the United States and the largest most efficient market in the world collapses so that overseas manufacturing has no place to sell their goods. In a global economy regionalism leads to disaster. Think on that one for a millisecond or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back