Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can propic2 be converted to support icsp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spyghost

hi,

propic2 is a good pic programmer. i have one made in a point-to-point wiring and its works great. the problem here is that it is not icsp yet. you have to program the pic the old-school way of remove it from the target app and place it in the programmer.

in the propic2 website, there is this propic2 icsp which is an icsp version of propic2. if you notice its smaller than the previous.

now i am just wondering can the propic2 schematic in the **broken link removed** be converted into icsp?

the dillema that i am facing right now is that the 13v line actualy comes from 3 independent transistors...

is there a workaround for this? all i wanted to achieve is a propic2 icsp given the existing propic2 schematic

thanks

spyghost said:
hi,

propic2 is a good pic programmer. i have one made in a point-to-point wiring and its works great. the problem here is that it is not icsp yet. you have to program the pic the old-school way of remove it from the target app and place it in the programmer.

in the propic2 website, there is this propic2 icsp which is an icsp version of propic2. if you notice its smaller than the previous.

now i am just wondering can the propic2 schematic in the **broken link removed** be converted into icsp?

the dillema that i am facing right now is that the 13v line actualy comes from 3 independent transistors...

is there a workaround for this? all i wanted to achieve is a propic2 icsp given the existing propic2 schematic

thanks

Simply sum the three Vpp outputs together with a diode OR gate - this is already done with diodes D1, D2, and D3 to feed the LED D4, simply take Vpp from the junction of the three diodes. This obviously loses you 0.7V at the MCLR pin, if this causes a problem you can insert a diode in the ground connection of the 8V regulator.

Bear in mind you have to design your target board specifically to include ICSP - in particular the reset connection, you will also probably have to arrange a way of stopping the clock oscillator.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Simply sum the three Vpp outputs together with a diode OR gate - this is already done with diodes D1, D2, and D3 to feed the LED D4, simply take Vpp from the junction of the three diodes. This obviously loses you 0.7V at the MCLR pin, if this causes a problem you can insert a diode in the ground connection of the 8V regulator.

ok... got it.

referring to the schematic on the site... i had these thoughts... please comment on them...
- i will only use one transistor for vpp
- transistor networks of t4 and t3 would be eliminated, only t2 will remain
- pins 2, 6 and 12 of ic3 would be tied together
- diode,resistor,led network would be removed (vpp1, vpp2, vpp3) and will be replaced by a current limiting resistor and led would be placed at collector of t2

well, all those programmer is designed using BCxxx transistor standard. I cannot find it in Vietnam. I only can use JDM. And it's oki. May some one list compatible transistor for BC557 and BC548? Eventhough they are in standard of BCE or CBE??

I replaced BC546 in JDM by C1815, it's oki. But I don't know about BC557 and BC548!! :) don't dare to try, <<< foolish, I burnt one of my 877 !!!! with nigel board.. Oh, it's not nigel's fault, it's mine, because I put the wrong pinout of transistor !!! hihi..

I used C1815 and A1015 to replace those transistor. But it still not work!!!

I'm trying some other ones but !!!!!!!

Ah, I found that order for free chip on microchip is very easy and they give use 15 chip each months!!!!! Very cool. I got it!!!

Thanks guys who tell me about that.

falleafd said:
I replaced BC546 in JDM by C1815, it's oki. But I don't know about BC557 and BC548!! :) don't dare to try, <<< foolish, I burnt one of my 877 !!!! with nigel board.. Oh, it's not nigel's fault, it's mine, because I put the wrong pinout of transistor !!! hihi..

A BC557 is a small signal PNP, a BC548 is a small signal NPN - they aren't at all critical - any small signal transistors will work just fine, just make sure you connect them the correct way!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back