Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i trick my computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfd492

i replaced my fan a while ago becuase the OE one was too noisy.
ever since then, theres been a error code during start up -- cpu fan failure even though theres a working fan with one speed. there are 4 wires coming out of the mb but the fan has 2 wires pos and ground...Is there a way to "trick or fool" my computer into seeing the "right" voltage?

the computer is a dell dimension 5150c

**broken link removed**[/IMG]

Last edited:
Check inside BIOS settings. There is usually an option for you to disable the checking of fan status, among other things such as temperature sensors.

That said, I think it's better if you figure out the root cause of the problem, rather than hiding the error message. It's likely because the fan you replaced is just a normal DC fan (2 wires) and does not send its status to the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back