Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i start 12VDC Fan On OFF instead supplying 220 V with an UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamun2a

I wish to run a 12 DCfan is ON when the power goes off and Off the Fan when the power come back.

actually it is duty of IPS but have to operate DC Fan and Light. Please any body help me with the Circuit Diagram for that.

Thanks in advance

mamun2a
Dhaka, BD

hi,
Use a 12Vdc low coil current SPCO relay.
Power the relay from a 12V mains power supply, so that the relay is energised while the mains supply is OK.
Connect one of the fan 12V power wires onto the normally closed set of relay contacts.
When the mains fails the relay will de-energise, the contacts will close and the fan will run until the mains is restored.

12V mains power supply

aahh "12V mains power supply" means inside the ups which is for charging the battery or else?

aahh "12V mains power supply" means inside the ups which is for charging the battery or else?

You could buy a cheap 12Vdc 0.5A 'wall wart' type power supply or if you prefer a 230Vac mains relay.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back