Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I share my knowledge???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravi

Dear All, :D

I do electronics as a hobby. I have designed and tested some fun projects and instruments. Although I'm not an electronic genius,I would like to share my expreience with the friends in this forum. I can submit ckt drawings and perhaps I may go to the extent of discussing principles and laws relating to electronics and electricity. How could I do this? :) (Or am I still prematured to ask this?)

Thanks

Have a nice day!

Ravi

(There is no point of keeping the knowledge within yourself,it has to be shared with the community) :idea:

Hi Friend :)

OK, Here are some of the projects which I built and now up & running.

Multitester- This ckt can be used to (a) test & diagnose fault in an audio equipment or in the audio portion of any electronic appliance (b) check electrical continuity with resistivity upto say 15K (c) test any general purpose transistor,indicating either 'Go' or 'NoGo' state (d) test any diode or LED, indicating whether the device is OK or fault and (e) check the condition of any electrolitic cap. It has 3 transistors (one PNP - 2N481/BC158B, which function as a switch and 2 NPN medium power audio transistors - BC148Bs. Unit is powered by two 'AA' type dry cells.

Blown fuse indicator (for home AC line)- I put a neon in series with a current limiting resistor across my home supply line. So the neon is 'on' in the normal way.Home distribution box fuse is in between the neon and few other discrete components connected to 'live' line.(We have 230V/50Hz house supply here). When the fuse blows, neon acts as a oscillator & will flash on & off indicating the fuse has blown.

'Fast Fuse' - I used a SCR to blow a fuse in my 5V PSU. It may look a bit daft, but it has two important advantages. The most obvious one is fuses don't blow just because the voltage rises. So that a fuse doesen't protect the ckt against excessive voltage,it only protects the PS against excesive current. The other point is that a fuse takes some time to blow, several milliseconds. That may not sounds like a long time but several hundred dollars worth IC's can be destroyed in only a 1/1000th of that time. The SCR operates faster getting the voltage down as soon as it reaches danger level (controlled by a Zener) & blowing the fuse.

Musical car reverse horn - Using UM and LM386.

Battery level indicators - with zeners, with LM3914 and with 741 op-amp

12V car battery charger - I used the ckt given in National Semiconductor data sheet for LM350).

Various LED displays - With LM339, CD4017, LM3914.

Auto heat limiter for my slodering Iron.

Logic Probe using 3 TTLs (7402,7473,7474) and LM339 quad op-amp.

Transistor lead identifier cum tester- Using 4 TTls,74193,7400,7420,7408 & NE555 timer IC

I'm planing for :
:idea:
Electronic Capacitence Meter - Main IC is NE556 with some close tolarance resistors & caps.

Analogue Frequency meter - (Using high gain op-amp CA3140 & a NE556 dual timer)

Solid-State Oscilloscope - ( The heart of this system is 10 X 20 LED matrix display. I'm little bit nervous to try this !. I need some confidence from guys like you) .

Thanks

Have a nice day!

You can request "Electromaster" the owner & administarator of this site to put your circuits in "Projects" section on your behalf.

But one thing that is very very imporatnt is that NONE OF THE CIRCUITS SHOULD BE COPIED FROM ANY SOURCE LIKE MAGAZINES / WEBSITES.

We already had trouble due to this in late 2002 and don't want any more.

So if these are 100% your designs, then go ahead. :)

Analogue Freq meter

Ravi
I'm doing analoge frequency meter as my HND progect. So i do appreciate if u just give me an overview about it. Also u can write to me thro my email.

thanks,,,
Dohani

We are open for ideas and we want help anyone who want share own knowledge for non commercial purpose, we offer tottaly free space for electronics website, just you need to know html. We can also help with electronics site.

elektroda.pl team

Kamil Gulczuk
https://www.elektroda.pl/eboard

Start a new thread, tejasvi, in the "General Electronics Chat" section.

But the answer is to connect the cathode of the LED to ground, connect a 220 ohm resistor to the anode, connect the other end of the resistor to one of the outputs on the 7408.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back