Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can I modify EI-33 core transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrasonic

Hello,

I need a transformer that will amplify voltage of my input signal to three times bigger amplitude. I mean I need 1:3 step up transformer. How can I made it by using power supply's EI33 core?

My input signal is 25-45khz, 300V_peak_to_peak, squarewave

Expecting output signal is : 25khz-45khz ,900V_peak_to_peak,squarewave

thanks

You will need to know the in/out current before you can start on this.

Actually we dont need to know them. Transformer would be 60W, and output voltage will have 450V amplitude. Input voltage has 150V. With this information how can we modify this EI-core....

Simply put you cant. Common EI core transformers that work on normal 50 - 60 Hz line frequency don't do high frequency at all. Once you are past a few hundred hertz they are completely useless.

For a 25 KHz or higher frequency you would need a ferrite core type transformer like whats found in a common switching power supply.

Last edited:
Simply put you cant. Common EI core transformers that work on normal 50 - 60 Hz line frequency don't do high frequency at all. Once you are past a few hundred hertz they are completely useless.

For a 25 KHz or higher frequency you would need a ferrite core type transformer like whats found in a common switching power supply.
The IE cores I have work well at "25-45khz". Ultrasonic, what type of IE cores do you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back