Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i measure vaccum electronically?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically, any pressure sensor will do. You have a vaccum sensor in a car, too.

max_imum2000 said:
is there any kind of sensor avilable for measuring vaccum ?
please provide any link if possible
thanks

I suggest you check car electronics, vacuum gauges are sometimes used in cars - they used to be mechanical gauges years ago, but I imagine modern ones are electronic?.

EDIT: great minds think alike, and at the same time too :)

Only some cars have MAP Manifold Absolute Pressure sensors. Actually I don't think many new cars have them, since MAF sensors are more environmentally friendly. I can't think of any car in the last few years that still uses a MAP.

Just search for 'pressure sensor' on Digikey and put in your requirements.

Lots of surplus places have transducers (sensors) for measuring pressure. You probably want a differential (gauge) pressure sensor rather than an absolute one. Since ambient pressure varies with altitude and atmospheric conditions, sometimes 0.25 psi less than standard sea level pressure is a vacuum and sometimes it's not.

...and then you have the Electronic Blood pressure monitor: always has a pressure sensor! Lots of them get thrown away!!:(

Fuel injected Chevy engines use a map sensor and many others. Car parts stores and junk yards have them. 3 terminals: +12v, ground with variable voltage output.

Correction: +5v, V out, ground
NAPA part # 2-1961 is a big older one for $95.00. The newer ones from late ‘90s are smaller and mounted right on the intake manifold. Try the junk yard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back