Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i make this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbadger

Hi Everyone
i have made some 24vdc solenoid activated locks and i need to test them on a continuous cycle switching them on and off every 2 or 3 seconds is there any easy interface that i can buy or make.

Thanks in advance if anyone got any ideas

Badger

Hi Doggy it will be a maximum of testing 16 of these solenoid activators all at once and total draw would be no more than 6 amps total
Thanks for the reply

Badger

Use a 555 timer circuit and a relay to turn your solenoids on and off.

Thanks ben7 and cowan i will investigate both ways i will probably have to pay someone to draw the circuit up because i am not upto these sort of projects i wish i was,i was kind of hoping i could buy something off the shelf.
Thanx for your comments

Badger

Thanks ben7 and cowan i will investigate both ways i will probably have to pay someone to draw the circuit up because i am not upto these sort of projects i wish i was,i was kind of hoping i could buy something off the shelf.
Thanx for your comments

Badger

Oh, if you want a simple off the shelf solution what you are looking for is a repeat cycle timer / relay. Something like these from Macromatic. They are also available from manufacturers like NTE, Omeron and a few others. They come with 11 pin and 8 pin bases to plug into common sockets. They are popular for applications like "burn in" testing of products. Additionally on units with dual contacts out, one set of contacts can be used to drive a counter so you know how many cycles the product(s) under test have had. Typically depending on the number of functions they cost between about $40 and $100 USD.

There are dozens of variations out there. I just happen to use the plug in flavors. There are likely versions costing less in assorted configurations.

That may help as to an out of the box canned solution.

Ron

Last edited:
Ron thankyou very much for taking the time to guide me in the right direction..much appreciated

Badger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back