Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can I make this project better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rashidme

I want to build a touch less input device. For this purpose I am thinking of using infrared transmitters and receivers. So i'll have bunch of infrared leds pointing up and some pointing from left to right. The intersection of these infrared rays will determine where the user's finger is.

Do you guys think it is a good project? should i consider using lasers instead of infrared, since infrared spreads out, but laser travels in straight line.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions for making it better.

Thank you.

Interesting taught. I think that solving that issue for IR can be done in either two ways:
* you asign each ir transmitter their own frequenz. Then the receivers would have filter that represents the apropriate transmitters frequenzy.
* Only one ir led is on at the time, but switching should be so fast that it should be able to detect any obstacle in almost real time.

I can provide another tip, use a digital mux/demux solution, but in opposite order.

What english word/sentence describe a sequense like this:
0001, 0010, 0100, 1000, - - - - - ?

What english word/sentence describe a sequense like this:
0001, 0010, 0100, 1000, - - - - - ?

Do you mean truth table or left shift or serial? Or referring to post #2 you mean scanning the outputs of the LEDs in order sequentially?

Do you mean truth table or left shift or serial? Or referring to post #2 you mean scanning the outputs of the LEDs in order sequentially?
Ok. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back