Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I make this play Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheaptoad

I just found this at a goodwill for $2. I thought it would be fun to try and make it play videos. I have no idea how.

Thanx in advance
CT

Attachments

• 20160630_143334.jpg
    20160630_143334.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 206
What experience do you have? Without a significant level of experience you won't be able to.

Does it have any video or antenna input connections?

it accepts vhf/uhf? it must have antenna somewhere, maybe on the inside, careful opening it up!

idk if this would work, but if you get an old vcr/dvd/cablebox that has output on ch 03 and tape the center pin (only)from output to the antenna you may get picture ....
... dont really know if it will work or if there is additional modulation encoding involved when it comes to radio waves

... maybe if the cable signal is strong enough or you have cable amplifier, you may get away with just holding the cable up next to tv , but again just shot in the dark, since i'm really not to sure about how much signal a tv receiver needs or how far cable signal bleeds out in to the air,... i do know though the boss pays alot of money to the FCC due to excess RF leakages

You might also be able to use one of the old Digital TV to Analog TV converter boxes if it has an RF output on channel 3 or 4.
Connecting a length of bare wire to the RF output may give enough signal for your little TV to pick it up.

Edit: I just remembered I have an old Composite Video to Analog (NTSC) wireless module which I no longer have a use for. It converts the video to the broadcast band and has an antenna to broadcast the signal through your house.
It you are interested in this, post your address and I'll mail it to you, no charge.

Last edited:
If you look on ebay or back at goodwill for a 80s computer they often have a modulator in them, the video o/p is then an rf signal, you could take one of these out of such a computer and with a suitable power supply convert a video signal say from a scart socket into an rf signal suitable for the tv.
No real electronics involved but there is a fair bit of soldering and fiddling.

If you look on ebay or back at goodwill for a 80s computer they often have a modulator in them, the video o/p is then an rf signal, you could take one of these out of such a computer and with a suitable power supply convert a video signal say from a scart socket into an rf signal suitable for the tv.
No real electronics involved but there is a fair bit of soldering and fiddling.
Like the one coming with the ZX81 Timex Sinclair?

Yes and a few others, whats with the timex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back