Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I get 3 volts to trigger a short circuit??(skateboard timer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

scuppers

Hi Guys and Girls..

Long time listener..first time caller.

I'm rigging up a wireless timer for slalom skateboard racing, using a wireless door bell and a stopwatch..

I've found on the circuit board some terminals that go from 0.1 volts to 2.8 volts when the button is activated..and this needs to somehow trigger a short circuit to stop start the stop watch...(the door bell controller uses 3 X 1.5 AA batteries)

I can only find relays that activate on 5 volts..

can I use a chip so that this 2.8 volts can activate a gate and give 5 volts separate power supply to a relay, then in turn activate the stop watch?? or can I simply step up the 2.8 v to 5 v somehow??
Any ideas would be most appreciated cause i'm kinda stuck ....but suspect there's an easy way around it...

how abt using a comparator instead.... set the reference to say some 2V.. when the output of ur circuit goes to 2.8V, the comparator will output a HIGH voltage... which of course u can set to 5V and do wat u want....

Thanks raviram87...I'm by no means an electronics expert..but will now definitely be looking at comparator..cheers for your reply and advice !!

thanks Bavananth..I'm gonna try both suggestions..a comparator and also 2 not gates to trigger 6v cc....and hopefully learn something along the way..thanks for replying

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back