Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I fix my flash drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andales

the problem is "Write protection error"

My flash drive was not in a write protect mode when I was copying files in it, suddenly error appears. Some files were already written but i was not able to finish. I tried switching the write protect switch back and forth nothing happens, it is still the same. So I opened the flash drive physically and disconnected the write protect switch and I put some jumper on where it is connected, still nothing happens. By the way the circuit is very small and Im having difficulty for it too.

Could it be the IC is damage?

The error says "write protection error"

Yes, I already did even before opening the flash drive and disconnected some the switch part, error still the same. can't format it. computer says remove write protection.

Last edited:
Is it that same file each time it says it? Try coping another group of files to make sure the OS it not wacky. Also, maybe re-install the drivers (USB drivers) maybe they are corrupt. Otherwise maybe a bad memory chip on the board. They are cheap to replace now.

Are you sure that shorting out the write protection jumper doesn't enable write protection?

mramos1

All or any files could not be written on the flash drive, I even tried plugging the flash drive to other computers thinking it is my usb port that have a problem. Still the same. Any file could not be written on the flash drive.

What board are you talking about? PC or flash drive?

If flash drive, how can I connect the chip when the circuit is very small?

Sceadwian

I was thinking it was the switch that was broken. some lose connection might have occured thats why I shorted the connection where it is supposed to disable the write protecion.

The logic of switch is "open and close". Closed switch could allow current to flow, if open you know what i mean.

I actually left it hanging before i short circuited it when it tested it if it works. Shorted or not, unable to write.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back