Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i control Atmega Microcontroller by Visual C++ 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadly Arrow

Hello all ..

am asking if i can control atmega 32 through visual c++ 2010 ..
i don't need explanation for protocols and all that headache ..

just i want lines of code the sends command to my microcontroller

BTW .. can i use this as serial to parallel converter ?

To control the micro controller it has to have a program running that understand the command/protocol you are sending it from the PC.

Take a look at the USB Bit Whacker link in my signature. They use BASIC instead of C++ but you could easily use C++.

thanke you for your replaying ..

just another thing i'm intrested in is that , if i use MAX232 to link my serial port with microcontroller ..
can i take parallel bit ?
i.e. microcontroller as serial to parallel converter ..
in other words .. is there's any way to control (many) leds via serial port .. even by a microcontroller?

just another thing i'm intrested in is that , if i use MAX232 to link my serial port with microcontroller ..
can i take parallel bit ?
i.e. microcontroller as serial to parallel converter ..
in other words .. is there's any way to control (many) leds via serial port .. even by a microcontroller?

Yes.

What I did was buy a USB serial cable and remove the MAX232 equivalent that's in it, giving me a 5V serial cable. But you can also put a MAX232 on your AVR to make it talk to your PC directly. I suggest putting the MAX232 on a separate board, so you can reuse it for other microcontroller projects (a 5V serial port is really useful).

Then you should search the net (or read the datasheet) to find the C code which uses the UART inside your microcontroller. Use this and write some AVR C code to interpret the serial data, and program the uC.

Then the PC can open a serial port, set the right baud/parity settings, and talk to the AVR.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back