Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can i build that? (Flasher)

Status
Not open for further replies.
An oscillator can drive a CD4017 sequencer IC. Then a gate selects outputs 1 and 3 to blink one set of LEDs and another gate selects outputs 5 and 6 to blink the other set of LEDs. The LEDs are driven with transistors since their current is high. It is reset on count #8.

A CD4060 oscillator/binary counter can also be used with gates to select its outputs.

Message in a bottle.

My best guess is an obligatory 555 and a 4017.
The two black squares on the right provide the muscle to drive
the leds and some other smaller stuff to make it look more
interesting.
I would go for a 4001 and a 4017 and two "old" P-channel mosfets
like IRF9530 or IRF9540.

on1aag.

this is what my circuit https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/car-light-project-review-needed.35499/

does, 3 of the dip switches are for setting the speed of flash, the 4th being to choose standard left/right flash, or left/left/right/right flash like in the video clip.

the reason i used relays is that i want my circuit to be universal, as i have been asked to do both main beam and led flashers, so i figured that if i do it like this, then you can flash anything you want.

Thanks ...

thanks you guys...

But frend i cold not understend your diagram...
can you help me with that??

and i sew you put there a PIC so you can give me hes code???

THANKS YOU!!!

Hi

what bits are you struggling with?

The pic reads in the dip switches (the first 3) are a binary representation of the flash delay in 100ms intervals, and the 4th tells the pic what type of flash to do.

Operation:

Power for whatever is to be flashed is connected to J7, this could be either a live or earth, depending in the configuration of what you want to flash.

J4 is connected to the left hand light, J6 is connected to the right hand light.

J3 and J5 are provided so that you can connect the circuit 'in-line' with existing lights.

The pretext here is that if you wanted to flash your headlights you would snip the switched wire to the bulb, and connect the loom side to J3, and the bulb side to J4, same with J5 and J6 on the other side of the vehicle. J7 gets connected to whichever power source is switched on your vehicle, so if you have a switched live, then live connects to J7, if you have switched earth then earth gets connected to J7.

This configuration means that when the flasher is powered down, the lights will operate properly as is you hadn't connected the flash, when powered up, the circuit disables the factory circuit (to prevent backfeeding the lighting circuit), and pulses power from J7 to J4 and J6 alternativly.

For your purpose you could leave out the bottom 2 relays

Im still working on the code

Hi HeXOR,

Like I said in my previous post, a CD4001, a CD4017 and a few old
dogs to drive the led's.
The circuit (?) was designed to be used with (blue) led's with a
forward voltage drop of 3,3 volt. You can connect as much groups
of six led's as you like and you can use (almost) any old P-channel
mosfet you can get your hands on like IRF9510 to IRF9513; IRF9520
to IRF9523; IRF9530 to IRF9533; IRF9620 to IRF9623; IRF9630 to
IRF9633, . . .

on1aag.

Attachments

• Police.GIF
    Police.GIF
    11.4 KB · Views: 434
finished my flasher on breadboard - will post up a video clip tommorow. i dont have enough blue leds to do blue, so ive used some red 'marker' lights, but the circuit works exactly the same.

Thanks you guys...

weegee i hope to see yur video.

on1aag thanks you, the old P-channel is very expensive so i refer to not use that transistor.

i thont on what you said in your previous post
and i do this with 555 and 4017.

and this is what come: Attach

AND somthing more: my friend tel me that the LED IS not visible in day light.
only LED with 140 lomines (somthink like that) anh this LED very expensive .

so what can do for that situation?????

THANK A LOT YOU ALL:) :) :)

Attachments

• Police f.JPG
    Police f.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 508
I have a feeling that HeXOR is making a blinker that will change traffic lights.
When the cops see his blinker change the lights then he is in BIG trouble.

When his blinker changes the lights when a fire truck at the side also changes the lights then CRASH!

Last edited:
audioguru said:
I have a feeling that HeXOR is making a blinker that will change traffic lights.
When the cops see his blinker change the lights then he is in BIG trouble.

When his blinker changes the lights when a fire truck at the side also changes the lights then CRASH!

What makes you think that? The light in the video he posted wouldn't change traffic lights. He also asked about doing it with xenon strobe lights. Sounds to me like he wants a warning light.

Could be used to impersonate a cop = big trouble
Could be for a model or somthing too for all we know.

Flasher on breadboard (without the relays), very simple board.

yellow wires are the programming header.

sorry about picture quality, phone don't do macro :(

Attachments

• BBflasher.jpg
    BBflasher.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 438
Andy1845c you right that what i need. a warning light.
like in Police car. i what do put them behind the gril in my car.

with LED it will be unvisable in daylight so what can i do???
xenon strobe lights work on 12V DC???

Last edited:
HeX0R said:
Andy1845c you right that what i need. a warning light.
like in Police car. i what do put them behind the gril in my car.

with LED it will be unvisable in daylight so what can i do???
xenon strobe lights work on 12V DC???

Running it while on the road will get you a big fine, it's illegal pretty much everywhere. Even if it's behind the grill.

Andy1845c said:
What makes you think that? The light in the video he posted wouldn't change traffic lights.
Maybe your city doesn't have the traffic lights that give a green light to the police car, ambulance or fire truck with the flashing strobe light at a certain frequency. The sensor is on the top of the traffic light and it has a hat to shade it from sunlight.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back