Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i activate a seperate circuit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
if i take a circuit powered by a button cell or other small battery how can i use that to activate a seperate circuit with more power?

please help!!

Your not really giving any detail here. Are we talking about 1 button cell or many? How many volts does the small, low power circuit operate on?

What is the high power circuit? You need to add more details on what you want to do. It could be a flashlight or a 480v 3 phase contactor for all I know.

Make a drawing or photo what you want to achieve !

Your question doesn't make any sense.

Captain-Bartholomew said:
if i take a circuit powered by a button cell or other small battery how can i use that to activate a seperate circuit with more power?

please help!!

Hi,
There is a device/circuit called a 'Joule thief', if you Google for 'Joule thief' you will get lots of hits.
Its a small circuit that will run off a 1.5Vbty or cell and drive and LED etc.

i think what you need is a relay . i have nerver used one so i dont no much about them but hear is a diagram

From Wikipedia
Relays are used:

to control a high-voltage circuit with a low-voltage signal, as in some types of modems,
to control a high-current circuit with a low-current signal, as in the starter solenoid of an automobile,

matk95 said:
i think what you need is a relay . i have nerver used one so i dont no much about them but hear is a diagram .

hi Matk,
The problem is the low operating voltage say,1.2V to 1.5V,, I have not seen any relays less than 3.3V/5V as a common item
I suppose he could wind his own relay coil, using a reed relay???

Also usually, as the relay operating voltage is lowered the operating current in the relay coil has to increase.

jumides said:
he wants to control "BIG MACHINE" using his remote control powered by Button cell(remote).

hi,
I think you must have 40/40 vision!..:)

I dont see any reference to a 'remote' or BIG MACHINE....:rolleyes:

edit: to help Captain-Bartholomew

Captain-Bartholomew said:
if i take a circuit powered by a button cell or
other small battery how can i use that to activate
Remote

Hand held circuit powered by button cell or battery which can

a seperate circuit with more power? horse Power ,wattage
Big Machine

control a remote circuit, to Drive large equipment(motor, etc. ).

please help!!

ericgibbs said:
hi,
I think you must have 40/40 vision!..:)

I dont see any reference to a 'remote' or BIG MACHINE....:rolleyes:

hi eric

I separate those word, Can you figure out.

Last edited:
hi jumides,
I think we are all waiting for the OP to give us more information.
IIRC, he is complaining on another thread, that no one has answered his question...:(

No, there was another post in which he basically fooled around and complained. I guess Nigel probably binned it, which is all the thread was good for to be honest.

Brian

He posted the same question in another thread. He obviously has no idea about how to use a forum and ask questions.

Perhaps there should be a tutorial that these sorts people can read before they post here. Then if they behave like this, Nigel can email and PM them a link to it and if they ignore it he can wallop them with the heaviest banhammer he can find.:)

https://www.electro-tech-online.com/threads/very-small-transmitter.25583/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back