Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can determine type connection ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mohammad2020

hi
I have a device that has a communication port but I do not know which type of connection.
I've measured the voltages on pins , that The following values were obtained :

in your opinion , this is which connection??how can determine type connection ?
in The manufacturer's catalog Been picture following :

Also come in the catalog the following descriptions :

Looks like it is an one-way opto-isolated RS232 Serial Input to the PC. It eliminates the need for a common ground between the AquaMaster chassis and the PC chassis. Two of the pins are the input from the AquaMaster; the other two pins are the output to the PC, with galvanic isolation between the two...

thanks dear MikeMl you say :
Looks like it is an one-way opto-isolated RS232 Serial Input to the PC.
why one-way ? i send tab keyboard to Aquamaster and it respond to me for example in putty software . do this is bidirectional ?
Two of the pins are the input from the AquaMaster; the other two pins are the output to the PC
do this means that my GND not true ?

for more detail
I get below voltage in run time on each pin :
top and bottom pin are nearly 3.5 volt and Remain at the same level when pc and device exchange data together .
left pin become nearly -4.92 volt in connect time and change when pc and device exchange data together (for example become -0.8 or -2.3 or -3.2 and then return to -4.92 when pc and device do not exchange data together )
and voltages after Manufacturer Transducer are following :
voltage on rxd pin is -4.9 volt in connect time and Remain at the same level when pc and device exchange data together .
voltage on txd pin is -2.9 volt in connect time and change when pc and device exchange data together (for example become 2.4 or 1.8 or -0.4 and then return to -2.9 when pc and device do not exchange data together )
i do not understand What do Transducer ؟؟

Either is is opto-isolated and only one way, or it is not opto-isolated and it could be two-way. It doesn't have enough pins to be both opto-isolated and two-way...

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back