Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how 8051 serial data via asp.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibrar0

HI,
can anyone help the simplest way to access serial data via asp.net.
i know in c++,vb,vb.net but my project is web-based i want to access serial data globally through asp.net. i have found on google some complicated data they say to include there dll file, mostly are share ware, please help me if
1) simplest example in asp.net to access serial data of 8051
or
2) if anyother way

It's not clear to me how you intend to connect a PC to the 8051 to access the 8051 serial port. You are no doubt aware that most PC's lack serial ports. They have been replaced by USB ports.

there is rs232 connector behind my pc i can connect with 8051's serial port but now is host programme eg hyper terminal or vb soft to access serial data.
now i want serial hosting through asp.net not by window's hyper terminal or vb is there any way????

ibrar0 said:
there is rs232 connector behind my pc i can connect with 8051's serial port but now is host programme eg hyper terminal or vb soft to access serial data.
now i want serial hosting through asp.net not by window's hyper terminal or vb is there any way????

Well it's not an electronics question, it's purely a PC programming one, you might try asking in a programming forum?.

I would start by using Hyperterm or TeraTerm to get things working. Then I would switch to the programming environment of your choice. Just so you know I've never used VB or .NET or ASP so I won't be much help to youu on that score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back