Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hotpoint Ultima WT960 question please

Status
Not open for further replies.

tafata

Hi (Sorry if not posting in correct place im a newbie)

I hope I can pick someone's brains - I have a problem with my Hotpoint Ultima WT960 - my screen had been flashing for 2 months every now and then - but yesterday it was constant flashing no error codes and no programme could be selected - so hubbie changed the c17 on main board as bulbous at the top and when switched on great no flashing - done a dark fast wash @ 30 -- and a white wash half load @ 40 all good - but then put just 4 towels in on cotton 40 degrees and 20 minutes into it -- wash and rinse showed on screen at top but the flashing of the screen came back constant - time doesn't go down - sounds like its struggling wanting to spin or do the next part ..... it spun lovely with the dark & white wash - so I cancelled wash and come on here Husband wonders if he needs to change anything else on board ? hope someone can help me - many thanks

I've got to say, a washing machine controller board question is a rarity in my experience.

I've never thought mixing digital electronics and wet, humid conditions as wise. I continue to buy appliances of the sort with good old twisty knob analog controls.

That said, my best guess is a total replacement of the controller board, if it is even available, sounds like the ticket.

I think I see a kindred spirit in your husband though, i.e., I can't stop myself from trying to repair even the most lost of "lost causes", but since you'll be without a clothes washer for the duration of such a fix, I'm not sure that route is best.

In order to look for replacement parts for the washer, try googling its Model #, generally found on a metal tab attached somewhere on the back of the machine.

You might also try This spares site. They have a "parts enquiry page" selection.

Last edited:
I've got to say, a washing machine controller board question is a rarity in my experience.

I've never thought mixing digital electronics and wet, humid conditions as wise. I continue to buy appliances of the sort with good old twisty knob analog controls.

That said, my best guess is a total replacement of the controller board, if it is even available, sounds like the ticket.

I think I see a kindred spirit in your husband though, i.e., I can't stop myself from trying to repair even the most lost of "lost causes", but since you'll be without a clothes washer for the duration of such a fix, I'm not sure that route is best.

In order to look for replacement parts for the washer, try googling its Model #, generally found on a metal tab attached somewhere on the back of the machine.

You might also try This spares site. They have a "parts enquiry page" selection.

Hi thanks for the reply - the reason I asked as I have read people saying they have fixed theres by changing the as they put it 'crap' make electrolytic (C17 = 680uF, 10v) on the control board which we have done and my machine worked lovely today with a normal dark and white wash so instead of paying £200.00 only cost me £1.00 -- I was wondering if anyone else having problems with towels as its a heavy wash load as read it may be a balancing problem. so maybe ive posted in wrong section :/
I will look about again.

But thanks again for replying

Right section for repairing electronics.

Admittedly, perhaps wrong forum for washers.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back