Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hot headphones!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electronman

Hello,

All the time I have a pain in my ears while I use headphones. I experience hot in my ears after 20 minutes too.
Do you guys have a similar problem yet? If no, please tell me what kind of headphones or earbuds do you use?

Why the companies make headphones so that it contacts directly to the ear? There is no gap in all headphones I ever have seen. A gap can help to avoid that anointing hot.
Is there such headphone in the world? If so I want to buy one.

I have **broken link removed** for the airplane. I have worn them as long as 11hours and they do not hurt my ears. I wear glasses, too. You do not need the ANR, but they are very comfortable.

Last edited:
Headphones must be sealed to your ears or head to produce good bass response. If there is a gap then the sound from the rear of the moving diaphragm cancels low frequencies from the front.

I have **broken link removed** for the airplane. I have worn them as long as 11hours and they do not hurt my ears. I wear glasses, too. You do not need the ANR, but they are very comfortable.

I hate headphones anymore, they cause my ears to get much hot.

Headphones must be sealed to your ears or head to produce good bass response. If there is a gap then the sound from the rear of the moving diaphragm cancels low frequencies from the front.

Oh, I thought the main reasons are noise canceling and getting weak when there is a gap?

Last edited:
if they're getting hot, then you're probably running them too "hot" (too much audio for them to dissipate the heat) or you may have a slight DC offset problem causing the coils to run too hot. i prefer the full coverage ear-muff type headphones. the voice coil is about an inch away from the ear. granted, theyre bulky and heavy, but they usually have better bass response and can take more power without overheating. they usually cover the ear instead of pressing directly on it, but you don't want to be wearing glasses.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back