Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hot Air Soldering Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can get the 986 from SRA for cheaper than you can get the 906 from SparkFun. SRA is on E-Bay, so you can usually get it even cheaper there from the same source.

**broken link removed**

I have it and it's an acceptable hot air rework station. I don't have any complaints. I have never used anything expensive, though, so I don't have much to compare it to. Order some extra soldering iron tips, like a chisel tip, if you get it.

I have **broken link removed** that I purchased from SRA over Amazon for $250. I thought the hot air attachment had failed so we shipped it back for repair. It was NDF and they shipped it back. Then it "failed" again a couple of weeks later. I powered it down for half an hour and turned it back on to find that it was working again.

The "failure" I experienced was that the hot air attachement wouldn't warm up (or if it was warm it would cool off). After letting the unit sit for a while powered down it would start working again. It may be a thermal problem inside or it may be a bug in their firmware.

(I should probably update the thread I made after buying it...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back