Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hooking up 24vdc power supply to motion controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

binto100

Hello.

I've also posted this question on a physics forum.

I am asking for help connecting a Wago 24vdc power supply to a Galil motion controller. I have a very limited electrcial background.

The power supply (ps) has 120vac L-N-G inputs (I get that part) and outputs 24vdc/2.5A as two plus (+) outputs and two minus (-) outputs.

The inputs on the controller (con) are GND, +VIN, NC, and PE (the three pronged pitchfork symbol).

I'm guessing ps+ goes to con+VIN but the rest I'm un-certain about since the ps does not output a ground or common. I don't know if the ps- goes to the conNC etc etc. It seems I should also run a wire from conPE to the ground busbar in my panel?

A picture is below and believe me any help is really appreciated. Thanks.

Bruce

**broken link removed**

The PE connection with the symbol you mention is a Potential Earth ground and thus PE. Your + from the power supply (either +) will go to the +VIN connector, the - (either -) will go to the GND terminal. The NC means No Connection, and the PE would connect to earth ground which if the power supply is wired right is the Ground terminal where the 120 VAC comes into the power supply. What you called the G input to the power supply.

Ron

Thanks so very much. I knew better than to assume I understood at all what should go where and I would have never guessed NC meant no connection!

Best to you. Bruce

You will be fine. :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back