Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hooking a cell phone up to a phone line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MPH2

I am wondering if it is possble to hook a cell phone up to a phone line and use it or if it is possble to wire a cell phone to sound of the correct tones to dail a number? if so have would it be done

hooking a cell phone.

hi
First i will try to answer your second wonder.There is a facility in almost all cell phones(i have nokia 3310) known as voice recorder,where u record ur voice in against any of the numbers.When u press some button(in mine u have to keep pressed unlock/ok/enter button) and then the cell asks to start the recorded voice. if the voice matches the one which is recorded then the pnone num against that voice gets dialled automatically.
It might be possible to use cell pnone as landline phone,but then you are bypassing all the technology of a cell phone,i mean to say it will work then like a simple keypad.For that u have to somehow make a communication channel between a landline and ur cell handset.MAY be u can get some idea from my reply, otherwise i dont know whether i will be able to do so without a proper hi-tech lab.

I think he might be asking if it is possible to use mobile phone
as DTMF dialer for regular phone (payphone or phone on land line)
when out of service area or because it's cheaper.
Sure you can find the contact on your mobile phone read the
number and dial by hand on the other phone.
But instead of pressing buttons on that other phone (which generates
the DTMF tones) it would be more conveninet to let the cell phone
do the dialing by playing DTMF tones via it's speaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back