Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Homemade Hi-Fi Amplifier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I've been wanting to design and build my own hi-fi amp for a while now, but whenever I look into it I get completely overwhelmed by it and give up. It's especially frustrating because I've now finished my 3rd year in electronic engineering at Uni; I'm not exactly an expert but I know a thing or two about electronics.

What's the best way to ease myself into this project? Maybe a guide/book/tutorial kind of thing? I just need a bit of a helping hand for this!

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the reply. I've already come across a few sites like that one - but what I need is help with designing one. I don't want to build someone else's design.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks for the reply. I've already come across a few sites like that one - but what I need is help with designing one. I don't want to build someone else's design.

If you have to ask, you're no where near been able to design one - it's not a question for a forum, it's a few years at college, followed by years of experience.

If you really want to design you own, then you need to read and understand some good books/tutorials on analog circuit design and audio amplifier design.

Also, develop a working knowledge of how to simulate circuits with Spice (LTspice, Pspice, Electronic Workbench, etc.). It's invaluable in verifying the design of your circuits before you build them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back