Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Homemade battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

juan123

Well, This may sound like a "science fair" experiment. But I want to build a battery with lemons or something like that. I'd like it to be rechargeable and to give me like 3-12volts. Any Ideas?

i used to play with apple once just to see the effect... sure it works but
power output was ... detectable. to make battery like 6V and 300mA you would need need a lot of lemons and i'm not sure if you can get it rechargable.
you might be able to get lemons cheap but here it's much easier and cheaper to get 4x 1.5V batteries and be done with it...

geobacteria? :D

i'm standing in my yard and have shovel and bucket in my hands...
how do i recognise that bacteria and how many do i need?

hahaha!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

meby you cod get some at the supermaket(last time they had a sale on 5 megaton nuclear bombs for a $0.99). :lol:

It wod be rely cool if you cod give your flashlight leftover from the diner and it wod work

but how do you make electricity out of apples or lemons? hmmm i want to do this as a project.. maybe ligth up an LED for a while.. can some one direct me to get started.. i would like to do this to experiment and learn not to feed apples to my flashlight everyday.
thanks max

Maxer said:
but how do you make electricity out of apples or lemons? hmmm i want to do this as a project.. maybe ligth up an LED for a while.. can some one direct me to get started.. i would like to do this to experiment and learn not to feed apples to my flashlight everyday.
thanks max

You just stick two dissimilar metals into a lemon, the action of the acid on the two metals generates a small amount of electricity. You would probably require more than one to light an LED - the voltage and current available is only low.

I'm sure a google search would find plenty about it?.

As I thought, a quick google produces loads of hits - this was the first one it found http://www.hilaroad.com/camp/projects/lemon/lemon_battery.html, it seems to be exactly what you wanted?.

Nigel Goodwin said:
Maxer said:
thanks max

You just stick two dissimilar metals into a lemon, the action of the acid on the two metals generates a small amount of electricity. You would probably require more than one to light an LED - the voltage and current available is only low.

I'm sure a google search would find plenty about it?.

As I thought, a quick google produces loads of hits - this was the first one it found http://www.hilaroad.com/camp/projects/lemon/lemon_battery.html, it seems to be exactly what you wanted?.

Two Grapefruits will run one LED (couple mA) for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back