Homebrew PTZ camera platform

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayterl

I'm looking for some direction in the following project.
I have built and use a homebrew camera platform using PWM signals direct to the platform. This is simple R/C control. This works fine but is limited to at-home use. The platform is driven by two hobby type servos.
I would like to control the camera remotely via internet/intranet using the capability of my DVR.
The DVR is a stand alone 4-camera unit. Q-See QSD-6204
This unit is capable of outputing Pelco instructions to a remote camera via a 2-wire bus.
I do not need to send commands since this would be handled by the DVR. The commands are available at the DVR camera control connector. Two wire +/- RS485 connector.
My interest is in taking this serial output from the DVR and using it to drive the homebuilt camera platform.
Essentially I need to convert the individul commands for (Tilt-Up, Tilt-Down, Pan-Left and Pan-Right) into drive signals at the camera end. (Bit 1, 2, 3 & 4 of Pelco Command 2)
I may also need to provide ID at the camera end, (Byte 2 (Address) of Pelco.) as well as data words for the speeds, although this data could work sufficiently in a fixed state. These could probably be handled with dip switches.
I was also wondering if I could use the signals from the DVR in an Unproto way of if I would have to build a full Proto connection.

Any startup advise or direction would be greatly appreciated.
I am fairly new to PIC.

Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…