Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

home theatr remote control

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the image
can someone tell me which part is this yellow one and how can i repair it?
I think its some kind of relay....but it kind of looks like varaible resistor as well
what does CR in pcb mean?

Attachments

• 10472081_684417571628555_1592319465_o.jpg
    10472081_684417571628555_1592319465_o.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 278
Looks like an oscillator / crystal to me.

You'd need to find the right frequency one to replace it.

It's a ceramic resonator - assuming it's broken off (they don't ever seem to go faulty), then simply replace it with one from another old remote (they are all pretty well the same frequency, or at least close enough to make no difference - about 470KHz).

Dropping the remote can cause the leads to break off, hence the glue you can see on the resonator.

It's a ceramic resonator - assuming it's broken off (they don't ever seem to go faulty), then simply replace it with one from another old remote (they are all pretty well the same frequency, or at least close enough to make no difference - about 470KHz).

Dropping the remote can cause the leads to break off, hence the glue you can see on the resonator.
thank you

On extra thing, you can VERY often recover a broken resonator - I've done numerous ones over the years.

Simply unsolder the existing pins from the PCB, and stick the resonator down (in it's original position) using a piece of double-sided tape.

Then solder wires from the PCB to the remaining ends of the pins sticking out the resonator.

This can be a little tricky, because you're soldering both ends of the wire fairly close together - so I came up with an easy method.

Make a longish U shaped piece of wire, and push the two ends up through the PCB from the bottom (leaving a longish U at the bottom), then solder one of the top ends on to the pin of the resonator. Next solder the other end underneath the PCB (as it's the other end the heat won't conduct to the opposite resonator pin you've already soldered. Next solder the other PCB hole (again, the U is long enough to prevent heat transfer to the other PCB hole, then solder the last wire to the opposite end of the resonator. Lastly cut the U off underneath, close to the PCB.

I've repaired large numbers of remote's in this way - and if you're lucky, sometimes only one of the pins has broken off.

On extra thing, you can VERY often recover a broken resonator - I've done numerous ones over the years.

Simply unsolder the existing pins from the PCB, and stick the resonator down (in it's original position) using a piece of double-sided tape.

Then solder wires from the PCB to the remaining ends of the pins sticking out the resonator.

This can be a little tricky, because you're soldering both ends of the wire fairly close together - so I came up with an easy method.

Make a longish U shaped piece of wire, and push the two ends up through the PCB from the bottom (leaving a longish U at the bottom), then solder one of the top ends on to the pin of the resonator. Next solder the other end underneath the PCB (as it's the other end the heat won't conduct to the opposite resonator pin you've already soldered. Next solder the other PCB hole (again, the U is long enough to prevent heat transfer to the other PCB hole, then solder the last wire to the opposite end of the resonator. Lastly cut the U off underneath, close to the PCB.

I've repaired large numbers of remote's in this way - and if you're lucky, sometimes only one of the pins has broken off.

thanks for telling me this....this helped me a lot...have to arrange the resonantr
Thanzkss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back