Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Home theater system repair question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsfan1980

Hi guys,

I'm new to electro tech and 3 months into my first year of an electrical engineering technician program so my knowledge is limited. My friends Phillips HST 3544/37 stopped working. I opened it up and noticed 3 bulged capacitors, a burnt resistor and a burnt zener diode. Replacing the capacitors is easy enough since they are clearly labeled but the resistor's color code has been burnt off and I don't have a schematic.

How can i find the resistive value of the resistor?
How can I find what rating the zener diode is?

You need to find a schematic, or someone with a working unit you can read the values off - however the obvious items may not be all that's wrong with it.

Phillips HST 3544/37

This may not be the same but perhaps it may help. Most of the time they use the same psu. So give a look and see.

Attachments

• HTS-3450[1].pdf
    13.2 MB · Views: 1,799
You need to find another Phillips HST 3544/37 remove the case and look at the good parts.

Before you replace the parts you need to determine what made them go bad. If you put in new parts they may all go up in smoke too. My guess there is a bad solid state device in the circuit that killed the other parts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back