Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

home security system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayankguru

hi everyone,
i hav one very simple question ?
in my circuit i hav a relay and i want that whrnevr the relay gets energised it dails my telephone number. .
so what to connect with this relay and how???

as some of the home security devices are doing the same thing so i hope its feasible. . . .:p

any help?????

Don't know your location, so could only guess about your phone service, didn't mention cellphone... interfacing needs more info.

For dialing the number, a microcontroller would be a good choice. Both MicroChip (PIC) and Atmel (AVR) have appnotes on their websites for generating and decode DTMF (sound you hear when you press a phone button). This would be the simplest, one chip solution.

There are some $5.00 MP3 players in the surplus market, that are fairly simple to re-purpose, you could load it to play the digits to dial, and a message.

**broken link removed**
You can use SMS like this one I made, whenever one of the inputs is activated it sends text message telling which is the one. You can also enable or disable input by sending corresponding keyword.

HarveyH42 said:
Don't know your location, so could only guess about your phone service, didn't mention cellphone... interfacing needs more info..
i am from INDIA . . .
my cell number is- +919868991178
For dialing the number, a microcontroller would be a good choice. Both MicroChip (PIC) and Atmel (AVR) have appnotes on their websites for generating and decode DTMF (sound you hear when you press a phone button). This would be the simplest, one chip solution.

i hav never used a microcontroller. . .can u scrap some link or the schematic of the circuit . .if possible

There are some $5.00 MP3 players in the surplus market, that are fairly simple to re-purpose, you could load it to play the digits to dial, and a message.
didn't get by what u mean by this?

penoy_balut said:
**broken link removed**
You can use SMS like this one I made, whenever one of the inputs is activated it sends text message telling which is the one. You can also enable or disable input by sending corresponding keyword.

thats exactly wat i need.:) can u send me the circuit details pls, pathak1985@gmail.com
or attach it here. . . .

mayankguru said:
hi richard actually i dont want to purchase it. . i want to make it. . .
as u said u did it in ur project ,so is it possible for u 2 attach the details of ur project(circuit lay out,components required)

It's a commercial product dude, why would richard have the schematic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back